If you want to experience a hassle-free tour but in a more intimate setting, look no further than our Globus and Cosmos Small Group Discovery tours. With an average of just 20 – 24 guests, this allows you to roam the world with your friends, family and newfound friends from your tour group. Globus and Cosmos offer these types of tours in Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America. Read on to learn more about these five small group coach tours to experience around the world.
1. Discover Japan – Globus
From neon-lit Tokyo to historic Kyoto, this small group coach tour has ample opportunity to dive into the traditions and culture of Japan. Drink up as you taste your way through green tea, brothy ramen soup and hot sake; partake in a special kimono fitting; don an apron for an interactive cooking demonstration; and learn the art of calligraphy and gold-leaf design. Japan is a divine country just waiting for you to discover its treasures.
2. Tassie Quick Bite – Cosmos
As the name suggests, this Tasmania tour is truly a culinary-centred one calling all foodies. The Apple Isle is a picturesque place, filled to the brim with some of Australia’s finest food and drink. Your taste buds will come to life as you try whiskey, wine, cheese, oysters and berries, all in one week. Head to the country to learn how to make jam at Eureka Farm, and (if you time it right) wander through fields of purple lavender at Bridestowe Lavender Farm. This small group coach tour is a feast for the senses!
On Safari in Kenya – Cosmos
This safari tour is a wildlife lover’s dream come true! Tick off four reserves and national parks:
- Solio Game Reserve: predominantly known for being a safe haven for 200+ rhinoceros, it’s a real treat to experience both morning and afternoon game drives here
- Lake Nakuru National Park: Lake Nakuru has an abundance of algae in its waters which attracts large flocks of pink flamingos. You might also spot waterbucks, giraffes and impala
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: lions, Cape buffalo, gazelle and cheetah call Kenya’s most famous game area their home
- Amboseli National Park: with expansive views of Mount Kilimanjaro, you will have the opportunity to see elephants, wildebeest and hippopotamuses in the wild as well
4. Peru Splendors – Globus
Peru is a goldmine of adventures, and this small group coach tour is filled with ‘wow’ moments each day. It has been carefully crafted with enough time in each city – in particular, two nights at Machu Picchu so you can explore during the day followed by a magical sunrise – and plenty of local experiences. One of our most popular Local Favourites is bearing witness to El Pago a la Tierra, a ceremony performed by a local shaman to thank Mother Earth and ask for good health, wealth and safe travels. This ritual has been practiced since before the arrival of the Incas so has a fascinating history.
5. Simply Vietnam with Cambodia – Cosmos
From walking the hallowed grounds of Bayon Temple, to braving going underground at the Cu Chu Tunnels, Vietnam and Cambodia are two thrilling countries to discover in intimate settings on this small group tour. There’s nothing quite like visiting the Khmer Rouge’s Killing Fields in Phnom Penh, the Forbidden Purple City in Hue, and sailing away across the waters of Ha Long Bay. Plus, we can’t say enough about the epic food that you’ll be able to experience over two weeks – it’s some of the very best in the world!