- Collection of Personal Information
- Access and Amendment of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Data
- Storage of Security and Data
- Cookies Technology
- Opting Out of Marketing Activities
- Making a Complaint
Collection of Personal Information
Globus collects, holds and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Booking travel arrangements.
- To contact you in relation to our services.
- To complete a reservation by you directly, by a Customer Service Consultant, or by a registered travel agent.
- To dispatch a brochure requested by you directly or by a registered travel agent.
- Upon request, for us to provide information about products, services, any new tour options, special offers, competitions, surveys, consumer queries and Passport to Rewards.
- To enable us to contact the people you nominate in the case of an emergency.
- For operational purposes, to take note of how our websites are used by recording site traffic and observing navigation techniques.
- To diagnose website problems with our service and the administration.
- To monitor and improve internal operations, as well as to improve the experience for our website users.
If we do not collect your personal information, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
Access and Amendment of Personal Information
All personal information we collect can be made available to you upon written request by contacting the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of identification must be supplied when requesting access or an amendment to the personal information. Once the request is received, we will usually respond within [48 hours] and we endeavour to resolve requests within [7 days], unless we need additional information from you in order to respond. In some cases under the APPs, we are not required to give access to personal information (for example, if giving access would have an unjustifiable impact on the privacy of some other person). If we do not allow an access request, we will provide written reasons for the refusal.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date.
Disclosure of Data
Except where you are otherwise notified, we do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. However, we are affiliated with a range of third party businesses and travel suppliers in Australia and around the world. In the course of doing business, we will routinely disclose your personal information where it is necessary in the following circumstances:
- For the arrangement of travel and accommodation
- In the case of emergencies and incidents
- Within reasonable grounds, that the third party recipient is required to deal with your personal information in order for services to be provided to you
- Where it is otherwise permitted by law
We may transfer, store and otherwise process your personal information with the following third parties:
1) Our international offices in the Asia Pacific, North America and Europe
2) Information processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems)
3) Airlines, hotels, tour directors, insurance companies and other travel services relating to the product, and information technology
4) Organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
5) An organisation to which we propose to sell the whole or a substantial part of our business
65) Government and statutory authorities
Personal information is likely to be transferred to the United States of America and to any country where you book travel with us. We use all reasonable endeavours to require these third parties to keep personal information confidential, and use personal information only in connection with the services we provide to you. Recipients based in the European Union (EU), under EU law, might make further disclosures to other EU based entities, but would retain control over the information disclosed.
However, some information is required to be disclosed to government and statutory authorities (for example, under laws about border control or airline security), and we cannot control the use of information by those authorities.
Storage of Security and Data
Globus is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. The information we received from or about you is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration of the information. With respect to credit card information, we comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and ensure that we do not record or retain any credit card information in any of our systems or in any form once a booking transaction has been made and completed. The registered travel agent will also follow a unique secured process to facilitate the booking and are responsible for ensuring the unique access is not provided to others. Globus will take reasonable measures to destroy personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
This website uses third-party cookies or pixels (transparent image files) to track our online advertising activity and your response to it, allowing us to tailor offers and information to your interests. This technology also allows our advertising partners to recognise a unique cookie on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website.
Data collected from these cookies, or pixels, is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. The cookies we use do not detect any information that is stored on your computer.
Opting Out of Marketing activities
You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information to carry out direct marketing of the products, services and promotional activity. To opt out, please send a written request to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Once the request is received, we usually respond within 48 hours and we try to resolve all complaints within [7 days] unless we need further information from you to resolve it.
Queries or Complaints
We have procedures in place for dealing with complaints relating to our privacy practices. Any complaint is made by contacting the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any complaints made will be investigated as soon as they are lodged and all reasonable efforts will be made to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. The laws that we comply with are regulated by the Australian Information Commissioner.